As we’re sure you know, when it comes to tub time- at Bathorium, we take it seriously. We believe that when you are soaking in your zen zone it should be the bath product you choose for the water like one of our 15 varieties of bath bombs, the setting that envelops you, the libation you sip, and finally the extra beauty add ons that make tub time so rejuvenating.
With so many DIY recipes out there for face masks it’s hard to see what truly is beneficial for your skin, and what ones simply make a mess. Well, we have tried and tested and chose our top 5 to share with our beloved bathers.
1) Avocado + Honey Face Mask.Suited for dry skin types.
- 1/2 one very ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
Mash or puree the avocado until it’s smooth and creamy. Blend in the rest of the ingredients. Apply to your face, avoiding your eyes, and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Wipe your skin clean with a damp, warm cloth, or simply shower at the end of your bath!
2) Papaya + Citrus Face Mask
Suited for duller/aged skin types
- 1/2 a ripe papaya—peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
Puree the papaya in a food processor or blender until just mashed evenly, and then blend in the other ingredients by hand. Spread over your face, rubbing gently in a circular motion to exfoliate- avoiding your eyes, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wipe or rinse your face completely. Pat to dry.
3) Trouble Skin Prone Mocha Face Mask
Suited for sensitive skin types
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons pure cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt or sour cream
Blend all of the ingredients together, spread evenly over skin, and allow it to sit for about 10-20 minutes. Caffein in this mask tightens skin and removes excess oil from surface.
4) Redness Reducing Face Mask
Suited for burnt skin, Rosacea or uneven pigment skin
- 2 tablespoons dry instant oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons plain, unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons strong-brewed green tea (or red Rooibos tea)
Blend the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, and add 3 tablespoons hot, strong tea to the mixture. Stir regularly for a few minutes, adding tea as needed until you’ve created a thick paste. Apply it to your face and let sit for 10-15 minutes, then wipe clean gently with a damp cloth. Rinse with cool-to-warm water, but do not use soap, and pat dry gently. We applied this to our arms, chest and shoulders while tub soaking- silky soft skin!
5) Egg Yolk + Olive Oil Face Mask
Suited for Oily skin types
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons ground instant oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
Blend all ingredients together, apply liberally to face and neck area. Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes then rinse. Pat to dry.
Post your Bathorium DIY masks to instagram with the hashtag #bringbackthebath. We want to see your beautiful faces!