Unbeknown to many, a bath can have several benefits to the mind as much as the body. This daily ritual is no longer exclusively about keeping your body clean and free of bacteria. For some, it's a type of therapy needed to enhance and prepare your mind for the modern world's everyday hustle and bustle. The Huffington Posts lists some of the numerous effects of having a good bath, which ranges from boosting brain power, helping to increase sleep, and fight cold symptoms. These benefits are the reasons people are so careful when it comes to decorating their bathrooms. They want their bathroom to evoke a sense of rest and relaxation that can further aid in relieving them of stress when they use it. So with that in mind, here are five easy ways to spruce up your bathroom and have it looking like a five-star spa in no time.
1. Use Pinewood The texture of your walls and floors should be as relaxing as your time spent in the bathroom. So what is the ideal material? Ideal Home recommends pinewood to cover your floors and walls. They even go as far as to suggest covering your bathtub with it as well! Pinewood is a commonly used material when decorating spas because its smooth surface and neutral color tones give off a relaxing vibe.
2. Paint it Neutral Colors have direct links to how people relax. Your eyes shouldn’t be overwhelmed with vivid hues if you’re looking to unwind a bit. Leesa recommend painting rooms in neutral colors if you want to relax in them. They say that the soothing hues provide a dreamy atmosphere - as if you’re floating in the clouds!
3. Soften it Up Senses are less stimulated when touched by something soft and plush, making it easier for you to relax. Apartment Therapy states that filling your bathroom with soft objects helps achieve a spa-like quality. From your bathrobe and towels to your slippers, there are endless possibilities in softening up your bathroom.
4. Install a Sound System A lot of times, outside noise can hinder our ability to relax. To counter this, make sure you have the option to play music inside the bathroom to tune out from the rest of the world. Calm and soothing music can help relieve stress and let you slip into relaxation mode, so nature sounds and instrumentals are ideal for you to unwind after a hard days work.
5. Put Some Plants in Your Bathroom Having some flowers inside the bathroom can provide a more comforting atmosphere. Life Storage states putting some botanical bliss will help lower stress levels, according to multiple researchers. They list down Peace Lilies, Eucalyptus, and Lucky Bamboo plants as the best kind to decorate your bathroom with.
(image: Better Homes and Gardens)